Thanks to Coach Marius from PlayBall, who showed me this play, I had to draw it up. This is mostly used when you can’t have a screener but I will add a version with the screen as well.
Player 1 is with the ball. Player 5 goes to the side of Player 4 and both stay on the low block with space between them. Players 2 and 3 switch places. Here we have player 3 being the best scorer. They run to the wing, and Player 3 fakes to get open on the wing and do a backdoor cut to the paint for a layup.
Player 1 is with the ball. Player 5 sets a low post screen for Player 2 to run to the opposite wing. Player 2 fakes using the screen (or uses the screen up to the situation). Player 4 sets a high post screen for player 3 and stays at the elbow. Player 5 rolls and runs to the opposite low post. Player 3 uses the screen and goes to the wing and then cuts back to the paint, gets a pass from Player 1, and goes for the layup.
- I am an international basketball coach, working around the globe spreading the love of basketball one country at a time. So far I worked in Serbia, China, and Romania, working as a youth and senior coach, creating camps, working individually with players preparing them for senior teams or USA college, and trying to work my way to the top. Currently working on getting my FIBA coaching license, while I am in possession of a Serbian Blue Coaching License and a Romanian "A" Coaching license.
- Basketball Coaches Network News2023.06.06Basketball Play Miami Heat Clear Slide Action
- Basketball Coaches Network News2023.05.24The Top 8 Modern European Basketball Coaches You Need to Know
- Basketball Coaches Network News2023.05.23Become a Better Basketball Defender with This Comprehensive Guide
- Basketball Coaches Network News2023.05.23Basketball Defensive Tactics