Thanks to Coach Marius from PlayBall, who showed me this play, I had to draw it up. This is mostly used when you can’t have a screener but I will add a version with the screen as well.
Player 1 is with the ball. Player 5 goes to the side of Player 4 and both stay on the low block with space between them. Players 2 and 3 switch places. Here we have player 3 being the best scorer. They run to the wing, and Player 3 fakes to get open on the wing and do a backdoor cut to the paint for a layup.
Player 1 is with the ball. Player 5 sets a low post screen for Player 2 to run to the opposite wing. Player 2 fakes using the screen (or uses the screen up to the situation). Player 4 sets a high post screen for player 3 and stays at the elbow. Player 5 rolls and runs to the opposite low post. Player 3 uses the screen and goes to the wing and then cuts back to the paint, gets a pass from Player 1, and goes for the layup.
- I am an international basketball coach, working around the globe spreading the love of basketball one country at a time. So far I worked in Serbia, China, and Romania, working as a youth and senior coach, creating camps, working individually with players preparing them for senior teams or USA college, and trying to work my way to the top. Currently working on getting my FIBA coaching license, while I am in possession of a Serbian Blue Coaching License and a Romanian "A" Coaching license.
- Basketball PlaysFebruary 20, 2024Basketball Play: Duke Blue Devil’s Diagonal Screen vs Man to Man
- Basketball DrillsFebruary 10, 2024Basketball Drill: Hot Potato 1v1
- Basketball PlaysFebruary 7, 2024Basketball Play : Creighton(2022) Stagger Curl 5 Out
- Basketball DrillsJanuary 28, 2024Basketball Drill: Rebounding 1v1