Player X1 is going to sprint to player 2 who has the ball. X1 touches the ball and Player 2 dribbles toward the left side (like on the diagram). After reaching the sideline Player 2 passes to Player 1 who ran to the free throw line. X1 runs and goes in front of Player 1(like shown in the diagram, X1 tries to reach in front of Player 1 who was facing the opposite direction of Player 2). X1 touches the ball and Player 1 dribbles the ball to the sideline. We do this drill continues until the players reach the baseline.
- Make sure the players sprint fast.
- Attackers wait for the defender.
- Low stance.
- No crossing of legs while doing the defensive slide.
- Make contact with the attacker.
- Don’t let players drag their legs.
- I am an international basketball coach, working around the globe spreading the love of basketball one country at a time. So far I worked in Serbia, China, and Romania, working as a youth and senior coach, creating camps, working individually with players preparing them for senior teams or USA college, and trying to work my way to the top. Currently working on getting my FIBA coaching license, while I am in possession of a Serbian Blue Coaching License and a Romanian "A" Coaching license.
- Basketball Coaches Network News2023.06.06Basketball Play Miami Heat Clear Slide Action
- Basketball Coaches Network News2023.05.24The Top 8 Modern European Basketball Coaches You Need to Know
- Basketball Coaches Network News2023.05.23Become a Better Basketball Defender with This Comprehensive Guide
- Basketball Coaches Network News2023.05.23Basketball Defensive Tactics