One simple drill or action if you ever need to use it as that. It teaches movement with and without the ball creating a fluid offense that can help your players use their brains to know when and how to cut, and of course where to. It’s a simple basketball, and that kind of basketball is sometimes the most effective one.
We have player 1 starting with the ball, passing to the right side, then cutting through the paint and asking for the ball. If Player 1 is open Player 2 can pass the ball for a layup.
If the first option doesn’t work, the whole team on the left side moves(the side opposite to the ball). Player 3 moves to the top of the key, Player 5 moves to the Wing, and Player 1 runs to the corner.
Player 2 passes the ball to Player 3 who swings it to Player 5, then Player 3 tries to get open by running away from the ball and then cutting toward it. Player 5 passes the ball to 3 if possible for a layup.
- The most important thing is to learn how and when to move, timing is a big focus point in this drill.
- I am an international basketball coach, working around the globe spreading the love of basketball one country at a time. So far I worked in Serbia, China, and Romania, working as a youth and senior coach, creating camps, working individually with players preparing them for senior teams or USA college, and trying to work my way to the top. Currently working on getting my FIBA coaching license, while I am in possession of a Serbian Blue Coaching License and a Romanian "A" Coaching license.
- Basketball PlaysFebruary 20, 2024Basketball Play: Duke Blue Devil’s Diagonal Screen vs Man to Man
- Basketball DrillsFebruary 10, 2024Basketball Drill: Hot Potato 1v1
- Basketball PlaysFebruary 7, 2024Basketball Play : Creighton(2022) Stagger Curl 5 Out
- Basketball DrillsJanuary 28, 2024Basketball Drill: Rebounding 1v1