This drill focuses on the defensive side while keeping your players in good shape. Player 1 has a ball and plays on the same team as Player 3. Players x3 and x1 are defenders. The goal of the offense is to run around the cones in the middle and attack the basket, while the goal of the defense(x1 and x3 are to run around the cones on the sides and get into a defensive position to stop the offense.
- Make sure that the kids run as fast as they can but remind them not to forget that they need to also control their speed when stopping.
- The defense should watch out not to reach too early or too late. First, get in a good defensive position to slow down the offense then force a turnover.
- I am an international basketball coach, working around the globe spreading the love of basketball one country at a time. So far I worked in Serbia, China, and Romania, working as a youth and senior coach, creating camps, working individually with players preparing them for senior teams or USA college, and trying to work my way to the top. Currently working on getting my FIBA coaching license, while I am in possession of a Serbian Blue Coaching License and a Romanian "A" Coaching license.
- Basketball Coaches Network NewsJune 6, 2023Basketball Play Miami Heat Clear Slide Action
- Basketball Coaches Network NewsMay 24, 2023The Top 8 Modern European Basketball Coaches You Need to Know
- Basketball Coaches Network NewsMay 23, 2023Become a Better Basketball Defender with This Comprehensive Guide
- Basketball Coaches Network NewsMay 23, 2023Basketball Defensive Tactics