Dribble Slide Layup Conditioning Basketball Drill
Great conditioning drill that uses defensive slides, fast dribbling, and layups.
This drill makes use of the full court. Player 1 dribbles the ball following the baseline to the corner, and changes hands and direction, after which he dribbles as fast as possible to the middle line corner. There the player holds the ball and slides to the other corner of the half-court. When the player arrives in the corner, the player does a back pivot and dribbles, and drives to the basket for a layup.
- Make sure that players do it right, aka low dribble, look up, low defensive stance, good pivot and watch for traveling.
- Push them to the limit, it’s a conditioning drill.
- I am an international basketball coach, working around the globe spreading the love of basketball one country at a time. So far I worked in Serbia, China, and Romania, working as a youth and senior coach, creating camps, working individually with players preparing them for senior teams or USA college, and trying to work my way to the top. Currently working on getting my FIBA coaching license, while I am in possession of a Serbian Blue Coaching License and a Romanian "A" Coaching license.
- Basketball TerminologyNovember 8, 2023Basketball Terminology: Drive Pick and Roll
- Basketball TerminologyOctober 29, 2023Basketball Terminology: Chin Action or Chin Ballscreen
- Basketball PlaysOctober 28, 2023Baseline out of Bounds Play(BLOB): Double Back Screen
- Basketball TerminologyOctober 23, 2023Basketball Dictionary: Angle Pick n Roll