We have Player 4 grabbing the rebound and throwing the ball in.
Option 1: Wing Lay-Up
Player 4 passes to Player 1 who did a shallow cut to the opposite wing. Players 3 and 2 run to the wings. Player 5 runs through the paint to the low post. Player 1 passes the ball to Player 2 at the wing who dribble drives.
Option 2: Pass to the Post
Player 2 passes to Player 5. We can have here a post-up play or Player 2 cutting and getting a handoff from Player 5 and go for a layup.
Option 2b: Pass to the Paint from Player 1
Player one dribbles up and passes to Player 5 for a low post one vs one game.
Option 3: Player 1 Drive and kick out pass
We have here a situation where Player 1 can dribble drive to the paint and score or kick it out to Player 3 in the corner for a 3-point shot.
Option 4: Skip Pass to the wing
Player 1 dribbles to halfcourt and passes to either 2 or 3 on the wing.
Option 5: Pass to the trailer
Player one passes to 2 in the wing who throws a pass to Player 4 who is trailing.
- I am an international basketball coach, working around the globe spreading the love of basketball one country at a time. So far I worked in Serbia, China, and Romania, working as a youth and senior coach, creating camps, working individually with players preparing them for senior teams or USA college, and trying to work my way to the top. Currently working on getting my FIBA coaching license, while I am in possession of a Serbian Blue Coaching License and a Romanian "A" Coaching license.
- Basketball TerminologyNovember 8, 2023Basketball Terminology: Drive Pick and Roll
- Basketball TerminologyOctober 29, 2023Basketball Terminology: Chin Action or Chin Ballscreen
- Basketball PlaysOctober 28, 2023Baseline out of Bounds Play(BLOB): Double Back Screen
- Basketball TerminologyOctober 23, 2023Basketball Dictionary: Angle Pick n Roll