Pick n Roll to the basket variation:
Player 5 sets a back screen for Player 1, who dribble drives and throws a lob pass to player 5 who shallow cuts to the basket.
Player 5 sets a high pick and short rolls to the free throw line. Player 1 uses the screen and passes to Player 5 on the high post. Player 5 dribble drives to the rim.
Player 5 sets a high back screen, then gets a pass from Player 1 after short rolling to the free throw line. As player 5 gets the ball 3’s defender moves toward Player 5. Player 5 gives a pass to Player 3. If player 3 doesn’t shoot the ball Player 5 goes for a pick n roll play with Player 3.
In this variation, Player 5 doesn’t go for the screen L-cuts toward the low post behind the defender and gets a pass from Player 3 for an easy basket.
- I am an international basketball coach, working around the globe spreading the love of basketball one country at a time. So far I worked in Serbia, China, and Romania, working as a youth and senior coach, creating camps, working individually with players preparing them for senior teams or USA college, and trying to work my way to the top. Currently working on getting my FIBA coaching license, while I am in possession of a Serbian Blue Coaching License and a Romanian "A" Coaching license.
- Basketball TerminologyNovember 8, 2023Basketball Terminology: Drive Pick and Roll
- Basketball TerminologyOctober 29, 2023Basketball Terminology: Chin Action or Chin Ballscreen
- Basketball PlaysOctober 28, 2023Baseline out of Bounds Play(BLOB): Double Back Screen
- Basketball TerminologyOctober 23, 2023Basketball Dictionary: Angle Pick n Roll